Our overall budget was £2,000 per month and in the end we spend an average of €2,250 per month. At the time, this equated to £1,800. We have not included the €10,000 we sent on the new engine as we saw this as an extraordinary cost but goes to show that you definitely need a contingency fund!
The main breakdowns of expenditure were as follows:
- New anemometer (wind gauge)
- Fridge regassing (about three times until they found the leak!)
- Throttle replacement
- New sail runners
- Windlass motor replacement
- Local charts not already purchased
- Camping gaz – found that varied in both cost and usage time!
- Restaurants €1,000 (26%)
- 18 occasions excluding when our visitors took us out!
- Car hire €370
- Flights back to UK
- General sightseeing
Fuel – varied from 89p per litre in Channel isles to €1.99 in Sardinia